Our favorite Dad of War is back in the latest installment of the series God Of War: Ragnarok. Contrary to the series’ earlier installments, God of War: Ragnarok fully immersed itself in the RPG genre. Much like Kratos’ character development, the games developed into something deeper as well.
Just like any RPG, it is essential to fully progress your characters as much as possible to give them a fighting chance against your enemies. This includes finding the best equipment possible for Kratos and Atreus. The game does not lack mythical equipment classified as a God of War: Ragnarok Legendary Item.
The armor for Kratos and Atreus should be befitting armor for the gods themselves. To give you the easiest time in God Of War: Ragnarok, we present a guide on getting the best armor sets for the Dad of War and Teen God of War.
How to Find the Steinbjorn Armor Set in God of War: Ragnarok
The Steinbjorn Armor Set is one of the best ones in God of War: Ragnarok. The armor set offers ridiculous perks that allow you to charge through enemies without worrying much about the damage.
The armor’s chest piece has a perk that makes you restore your health whenever you take significant damage. The gauntlets and wristguards’ perk gives you the ability to have a slight chance of inflicting AOE stun damage when taking damage.
Overall, the armor set is a little overpowered, and it will help in stomping down your enemies without incurring deaths in your run.
Steps to find the Steinbjorn Armor Set
- Unlock the Draupnir Spear.
- Go to The Lost Treasury, found southwest of Tyr’s Temple. You’ll find an ice wall you can break with the Draupnir Spear. Break that wall. Inside, you’ll find the Mystical Heirloom.
- Equip the Mystical Heirloom to unlock sleeping Troll statues found throughout the game’s world. You can find the statues at the Derelict Outpost in Midgard, Naotun’s Garden in Vanaheim, and, The Forbidden Sands in Alfheim.
- When all trolls are awakened and defeated, you’ll have acquired all of the resources necessary to craft the Steinbjorn Armor set.
How to Find the Nidavellir Armor Set in God of War: Ragnarok
If you want to get through the early game easier than usual, the Nidavellir Armor Set is an excellent pick-up.
The armor set offers perks that will make you stun your enemies more often, and it restores your health whenever you use a Stun Grab on an enemy. The stats from the Nidavellir Armor Set are also decent enough to justify not finding another set for at least a while.
Steps to find the Nidavellir Armor Set
- Accept the “In Service of Asgard” favor/sidequest.
- As part of that quest, you’ll have to destroy a few mining rigs. Destroying each rig will reward you with a particular resource called Nidavellir Ore.
- Take that Ore back to the Huldra Brothers. They’ll forge the Nidavellir armor for you.
How to Find the Guiding Light Armor Set in God of War: Ragnarok
This armor set is for you if you are a war-hungry adrenaline junkie who wants offense more than defense. The Guiding Light Armor Set helps you output as much damage as possible.
The armor set gives you a luck-based chance (like a crit) that will significantly increase the damage of Kratos in each hit. The effect occurs more often than not for a strong power-up, leading to you being a stronger offensive juggernaut with each strike.
Steps to find the Guiding Light Armor Set
- Locate one of the four Tyr’s Statue wreckage sites in Lake of Nine. They are all located to the North of Tyr’s Temple.
- Interacting with the sites will allow you to accept the “Guiding Light” favor.
- A small “dig spot” near each wreckage site will grant you another piece of Guiding Light armor.
- Technically, only Tyr’s Right Bracer, Tyr’s Left Bracer, and Tyr’s Helmet wreckage sites contain the dig spots that yield armor pieces. The Tyr’s Spear dig site just grants you Jotunheim’s Essence. You can pick that up while you’re nearby. However, it’s not needed to complete the set.
If you liked this God of War: Ragnarok article and are craving more gaming news, read the other articles on our official website.