Hunt: Showdown is a first-person shooter video game developed and published by Crytek, the studio behind the Crysis series. The game was released in early access on February 22, 2018, for Microsoft Windows, and was made available for all major platforms soon after. In the game, the player assumes the role of a bounty hunter who must kill a mythical monster in order to claim the bounty and survive long enough to reach an extraction point. That said, they aren’t alone in doing so. Read on as we share with you our game review of Hunt: Showdown.
Give Hunt: Showdown a try! Pick the game up at a discounted price using this Xbox Digital Code here.
What is Hunt: Showdown?
Hunt: Showdown is a high-stakes, tactical PvPvE first-person shooter. Players must hunt for bounties in the infested Bayou, kill nightmarish monsters, and outwit competing hunters – alone or in a group – with their glory, gear, and gold on the line.
The full release of the game launched on August 27, 2019, for Microsoft Windows. It was also released for Xbox One on September 19, 2019, and PlayStation 4 on February 18, 2020. Today, the game is readily available for next-gen consoles as well.
The point of Hunt: Showdown is to hunt down and kill monsters in the 19th-century Louisiana Bayou. Players can work alone or in teams of up to three to find clues about the monster’s location, and then track and kill it. Once the monster is dead, players must collect the bounty and extract it from the map. However, other players are also hunting the same monsters, and they will be trying to steal the bounty.
The game features a variety of weapons and equipment, including shotguns, rifles, pistols, and melee weapons. Furthermore, players can also use a variety of consumables, such as healing items, traps, and explosives.
Hunt: Showdown is a challenging game, and unlike other titles that seemingly showcase the same premise, death is permanent. Players must carefully manage their resources and make strategic decisions in order to survive. The game is also very atmospheric, with a dark and gritty setting that perfectly captures the feel of the Louisiana Bayou.
If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding multiplayer shooter, then Hunt: Showdown is definitely worth checking out. Most game reviews scored it 7/10, and so do we.
Things That Work In The Favor of Hunt: Showdown
Here are some of the things that make Hunt: Showdown a unique and enjoyable experience as part of our game review:
- High-stakes gameplay. Death is permanent in Hunt: Showdown. More so than any other game, players must carefully manage their resources and make strategic decisions in order to survive. This adds a layer of tension and excitement to every match.
- Atmospheric setting. Hunt: Showdown is set in the Louisiana Bayou. True to the interesting setting it chose to employ, the game’s atmosphere is dark and gritty. This helps to create a sense of tension and suspense at almost every corner. Moreover, it also makes the game feel more immersive.
- Variety of gameplay options. Hunt: Showdown offers a variety of gameplay options, including solo, duo, and trio matches. There are two different game modes: Bounty Hunt and Quickplay. This allows players to find the type of experience that they’re looking for without necessarily bounding them to just one game mode.
- Challenging AI enemies. The game features a variety of challenging AI enemies, including zombies, animals, and bosses. These enemies can be difficult to kill, and they can quickly overwhelm players who are not careful. Certainly, you can have fun with the game even without having to go online and find a match.
- Unique weapons and equipment. Hunt: Showdown features a variety of unique weapons and equipment. This allows players to customize their loadout and find the perfect combination of weapons and tools for their playstyle. The weapons and equipment in this game are diverse enough that you’d feel as if every match is different.
The Game’s System Requirements
|OS||Windows 10 64 bit||Windows 10 64 bit|
|Processor||Intel i5-4590 @ 3.3GHz (4th Generation) or AMD Ryzen 3 1200||Intel i5-6600 @ 3.3Ghz (6th Generation) or AMD Ryzen 5 1400|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||12 GB RAM|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 TI or AMD Radeon R7 370, with a minimum of 3GB of VRAM||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390X, with a minimum of 4GB of VRAM|
|DirectX||Version 11||Version 11|
|Network||Broadband Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection|
|Storage||50 GB available space||50 GB available space|
Overall, Hunt: Showdown is a unique and enjoyable multiplayer shooter that captures what it’s like to be a badass hunter in the treacherous Louisiana Bayou. However, it does not necessarily stand out as a tactical PvPvE first-person shooter. There is certainly a lot of fun to be had in playing this game, but that is that. Nevertheless, it is a serviceable multiplayer game that can deliver memorable gaming moments either playing alone or with your best mates. If you’re looking for a new game to play, I highly recommend checking it out after this game review.
For full disclosure, we want everyone to know that this article includes affiliate links. It may include items and products with promo deals and discounts. We also want to assure you that we do not use links that we would not use or follow.