Breeding Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet is one essential aspect of the game. After all, it can allow you to obtain a powerful Pokemon with the desired traits and moves. In Scarlet and Violet, mastering the art of breeding can help you go a long way. You will also be able to enhance your team’s strengths and traits as you play the game.
However, you have to follow certain steps to start breeding Pokemon. We’ll be providing a step-by-step guide to help you find your most desired critter at the daycare. If you will find this article helpful, check out our other Pokemon content.
Preparing to Breed Pokemon
Fortunately for you, there’s no need to overthink when breeding Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet. Although there isn’t a breeding center like the other games, it’s also so much easier now. You can start breeding Pokemon by simply having a picnic.
All you have to also make sure of is if the two Pokemon are of the same egg group. After all, they must be compatible breeding partners, otherwise nothing much will happen. Egg groups determine which Pokemon can breed with each other (most of the time, it’s based on if they look similar). Here are the simple steps:
- Choose Two Pokemon from the Same Egg Group
- There Must be One Female and One Male (unless you have a Ditto)
- After a few moments (you can AFK in real life), check the picnic basket for eggs
- Put the Egg in Your Party until it Hatches
Ditto is a great Pokemon to have if you’re planning to start breeding. You can get a Ditto at one of the Tera Raids. But, nothing too high as a 7-star Tera Raid. You can find one with good Individual Values (IVs) at around 5-star or 6-star raids.
What are Destiny Knots?
Destiny Knots are one of the essential items when talking about breeding Pokemon. Basically, a Knot can pass down Individual Values (IVs). These values are also numbers that are a Pokemon’s full potential. If you want to breed the ultimate Pokemon, using a Destiny Knot can help you greatly. Here are some tips to pass down good IVs:
- Unlock the IV Checker. If you want to take a peek at a Pokemon’s IVs, you need to beat the Victory Road storyline. After that, you can start checking on a Pokemon’s IV to help you start breeding.
- Catch Pokemon with Good IVs. You won’t get good results by breeding low-IV Pokemon. Try catching one in Tera Raids so you can find Pokemon with interesting IV stats.
- Buy a Destiny Knot. You can purchase a Destiny Knot for $20,000 at Delibird Presents in Mesagoza.
We’ll talk more about the many other tips when it comes to breeding Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet. If you found this article helpful, don’t forget to check out the other content on the website. We talk about everything and anything Pokemon to help trainers worldwide. You can also follow us on social media to stay updated with the news.