A Lucky Egg in Pokemon GO is one of the most targeted items by trainers. This also means that it will take some time and effort to grind your way to obtain one. However, we’re sure that you won’t mind because of how time-saving this item can be in the game.
If you like this article, check out more of our Pokemon content on the website. We write about everything and anything Pokemon to help trainers worldwide. You can also follow us on social media to stay updated with the latest news.
What is a Lucky Egg?
There are tons of consumable items in Pokemon GO, including the Lucky Egg. It’s undoubtedly one of the most useful items because it allows the trainer to earn double XP. This also includes all actions that you can perform for 30 minutes. However, you shouldn’t confuse these with normal Eggs.
You can use the other Eggs to hatch Pokemon in Egg Incubators. Yet, you can also use both to farm XP. We’ll explain that later in this article. For now, let’s focus on how Lucky Eggs in Pokemon GO are essential to leveling up. Here’s where you can get them:
- Purchasing them through the shop in exchange for PokeCoins
- 1 Lucky Egg = 80 PokeCoins
- 8 Lucky Eggs = 500 PokeCoins
- 25 Lucky Eggs = 1,250 PokeCoins
- You can also earn a Lucky Egg in Pokemon GO after getting to certain experience levels as a reward. A good example is when you achieve Level 9.
Once you use a Lucky Egg, you only have 30 minutes to experience double XP gain. However, you should also note that it also counts when you’re offline or AFK. So, make sure to pick a schedule where you can play Pokemon GO for half an hour without interruptions.
How to Use Them
To use it in Pokemon GO, all you have to do is activate the Lucky Egg. You can also combine the effects with Incense or a Lure Module to earn loads of XP. One of the best ways to utilize this consumable item is to catch Pokemon. So, make sure you also stock up and practice how to effectively use Pokeballs in Pokemon GO.
Evolving your Pokemon and exploring new areas is also a must before activating a Lucky Egg. After all, you would want to make the most out of it. You should also pair it with the effects with one or two eggs in the Incubator. Once you earn a burst of XP, you’ll be hatching them in no time.
Yet, you should also try to actively catch common Pokemon. Good examples include Pidgey or Zubat, which are Pokemon that require less Rare Candy to evolve. If you think about it, evolving your Pokemon while the Lucky Egg is active gets you 1,000 XP. So, don’t be afraid to level up your Pokemon, whether they’re new or high-level.
Utilizing the Lucky Egg in Pokemon GO
If you really want to make the most out of a Lucky Egg, you should start with these simple tips.
- Hoard Pokemon. If you plan to activate an egg, you should stock up on Common Pokemon. After all, commons tend to use less Rare Candy to evolve.
- Step-by-Step Process. You should also plan what to do with your 30 minutes. Try going out to the park or areas with tons of PokeStops before starting your Lucky Egg XP boost. You can also plan out your route to explore new areas, which will give you more XP.
- Evolve. Evolve. Evolve. Once you activate your Lucky Egg in Pokemon GO, start evolving the hoarded Pokemon. As we mentioned earlier, it will give you 1,000 XP per evolved Pokemon. Imagine all the XP you can bring in with 10 or more Common Pokemon.
- Catch More Pokemon. If you have more time left after evolving, you should aim to catch more Pokemon. Don’t forget to also use your Incense and a Lure Module so you can attract more Pokemon quickly.
That’s all our tips for using a Lucky Egg in Pokemon GO. Check out more Pokemon content on our website. We’ll try our best to give you the latest updates on Raids, Events, and more.