At the murky depths of the Ivory Ravine in Octopath Traveler 2, an eerie and formidable adversary awaits – the Deep One. This monstrous boss, known to fans of the original Octopath, remains a fearsome challenge in the sequel.
In this guide, we’ll delve into the tactics needed to conquer the Deep One and emerge victorious.
Understanding the Deep One
In the perilous encounter with the Octopath Traveler 2 Deep One, understanding your foe is key. This malevolent octopus boasts impressive statistics:
- HP: 138,000
- Shields 1: 10
- Shields 2: 13
- Weakness 1: Sword, Axe, Fire, Holy
- Weakness 2: Polearm, Dagger, Bow, Ice
It’s equipped with a range of devastating attacks, including single-member strikes, slow-inflicting abilities, and powerful calamities that can decimate your entire party.
Team Composition for the Deep One Octopath Traveler 2
This battle is a race against time. The Octopath Traveler 2 Deep One’s “Great Calamity” ability reduces your entire party to 1 HP. The boss also grows quicker as the fight progresses, potentially launching successive attacks.
Fortunately, a precise strategy exists to achieve a rapid, damage-free victory. For this approach, assemble the following characters and skills:
- Warrior (Throne): Equip Support Skills like Boost-Start (Merchant), A Step Ahead (Inventor), Deal More Damage (Armsmaster), and Peak Performance (Armsmaster).
- Armsmaster (Hikari): Equip Support Skills Deal More Damage (Armsmaster), Boost-Start (Merchant), and A Step Ahead (Inventor). Ensure Hikari knows the Learned Skills Drive Back and Last Gasp.
- Inventor: Equip Support Skills like Boost-Start (Merchant) and A Step Ahead (Inventor).
- Scholar (Temenos): Equip Support Skills like Boost-Start (Merchant) and A Step Ahead (Inventor).
For accessories, prioritize speed and attack-boosting items. Last Gasp will be your saving grace in this battle. Last Gasp’s damage is increased by how close Hikari’s HP is to going down to 0. Hikari should ideally have low HP, and one way to achieve this is by letting him lose a duel or utilizing Temenos’s Revive.
Follow this team composition for the Deep One fight in Octopath Traveler 2 in order to execute this strategy properly.
Executing the Strategy
The objective is to break the Octopath Traveler 2 Deep One within the first round and secure victory in the second. Begin by setting the time to night to obtain the Blessing of Darkness from Temenos. The order of the first round isn’t crucial.
- Have your Inventor use Critical Scope to turn all damage into critical damage for four turns.
- With Warrior Throne, use her Latent Ability and Aggressive Slash to break three of the Deep One’s shields. Use Aggressive Slash again, but don’t expend BP.
- Armsmaster Hikari uses the learned skill Drive Back to move the Deep One’s turn to the back of the line, preventing it from disrupting your strategy.
- Temenos must utilize his latent ability and Elemental Barrage to break the remaining four shields of the Deep One.
Once the Octopath Traveler 2 Deep One is broken, use all of Throne’s BP to unleash Aeber’s Reckoning, delivering substantial damage. Hikari’s Last Gasp, obtained in Montwise from a town guard, will provide a powerful sword attack that benefits from her low HP.
This combination of skills should suffice to vanquish the Deep One, especially if you dealt at least 100,000 total damage during the battle.
In your journey through Octopath Traveler 2, mastering the Deep One is a significant achievement. The battle is a timed challenge that demands precise planning, character synergy, and perfect execution. With the right team and skills, you can defeat this formidable foe swiftly, making it a memorable moment in your gaming experience.
Article You Might Like: