Day-one updates or patches for big triple-A games have, sadly, been the norm these past few years. Unfortunately for those that feel particularly eager to jump into Final Fantasy 16 once it launches on June 22nd, you may have to wait a little longer. This is because just like its contemporaries, a day-one Final Fantasy 16 update is on the horizon. Albeit for just a few minutes, this will hinder players’ momentum. Square Enix’s Final Fantasy franchise isn’t really famous for handing out large day-one updates. That said, we would be lying if we say that we did not expect a Final Fantasy 16 update on day one considering how big of a game it is. Both literally and figuratively.
The Day-One Final Fantasy 16 Update
Thankfully, the update is relatively small compared to other triple-A day-one updates. The aforementioned day-one Final Fantasy 16 update will reportedly only come at around 300MB. This will more than likely only suspend you for 5 minutes tops if you have a high-quality internet connection.
And with that out of the way, let us take a look at what the Final Fantasy 16 day one update has in store for us and what it aims to fix:
- Progression blocking bugs. There are a few bugs that can prevent players from progressing through the game. The update will fix these bugs so that players can continue their adventures without any problems.
- Crashing issues. There have been a few reports of the game crashing on certain systems. The update will fix these crashing issues so that players can enjoy the game without any interruptions.
- Performance issues. There have been cases when the game runs poorly on some sections. The update will improve performance so that players can enjoy the game at a smooth frame rate most of the time.
In addition to these broad fixes, the Final Fantasy 16 update also includes minor changes to the game experience, such as:
- Text fixes. There are a few typos and grammatical errors in the game’s text. The update will fix some minor text errors so that the game’s text is more accurate.
- Optimizations. The update will make some optimizations to the game’s code. This will improve the game’s performance and stability.
While the day-one update may be a disappointment to some players, it is important to remember that it is a relatively minor update. The update will address a number of issues that could prevent players from enjoying the game, and it will also include some minor improvements.
Overall, the day one update is a positive thing for Final Fantasy 16. It will certainly help to ensure that players have a smooth and enjoyable experience. Yes, it may be irritating at first to know that you’d have to sacrifice a few more minutes to play something that you paid for at full price. However, this early update can also be seen as Square Enix’s way of ensuring that the latest Final Fantasy franchise game lives up to everybody’s expectations.
Moreover, the fact that the update is relatively minor is also a good sign. It means that the game is in a good state overall. The update is simply a way to address any minor issues that may have been overlooked. All in all, it is good to see that Square Enix is taking the time to fix any issues with the game before it launches. This shows that they are true to the promise of providing players with a high-quality experience. So, put your pitchforks down and let the day-one Final Fantasy 16 update serve its purpose.