If you’re an avid player of Valorant, there’s nothing more frustrating than Valorant not launching on your PC. A funny bug every now and then is passable, but the game not launching is a different story.
This can happen due to various reasons, such as software conflicts, compatibility issues, or corrupted game files. However, there’s no need to worry because every problem has a solution. Solutions that are easily doable are what we have for you.
In this article, we’ll be discussing some troubleshooting methods to help you fix Valorant not launching on a PC. This includes checking Windows security, uninstalling Valorant, running as administrator, restarting your pc, and checking graphics cards.
One of the most common reasons why Valorant may not launch on your PC is due to Windows Security. Windows Security may detect Valorant’s anti-cheat software as a threat and block it from launching. To fix this issue, you need to add Valorant to Windows Security’s allowed list.
To add Valorant to the allowed list, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Security from the Start menu or the taskbar.
- Select “Virus & threat protection” from the left-hand pane.
- Click on “Manage settings” under “Virus & threat protection settings.”
- Scroll down to “Exclusions” and click on “Add or remove exclusions.”
- Click on “Add an exclusion” and select “Folder.”
- Navigate to the location where you installed Valorant and select the “Valorant” folder.
- Click “Open” and then “OK.”
Launch the Game as Administrator
If Valorant still does not launch after adding it to the allowed list. One thing you can try is launching the game as an administrator. This gives the game permission to make necessary changes to your system without any restrictions. In most cases, this solution will fix it right away.
To launch the game as an administrator, follow these steps:
- Locate the Valorant shortcut on your desktop or in the Start menu.
- Right-click on the shortcut and select “Properties.”
- Click on the “Compatibility” tab.
- Check the box next to “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Click “Apply” and then “OK.”
Uninstall Valorant and Reinstall
If the above methods did not work, you can try uninstalling Valorant and reinstalling it. This solution is as simple as it is effective. This method ensures that you have the latest version of the game and that there are no corrupted files.
To uninstall Valorant, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu and search for “Control Panel.”
- Click on “Programs” and then “Programs and Features.”
- Select “Valorant” from the list of installed programs and click “Uninstall.”
- Follow the prompts to uninstall Valorant.
- Download and install the latest version of Valorant from the official website.
Restart Your PC
Sometimes, all your PC needs is a good old-fashioned restart. This method may seem too simple, but it can be effective in fixing issues with launching Valorant. This solution almost solves every launching problemRestarting your PC clears out any temporary files, processes, and services that may be causing conflicts with the game.
To restart your PC, follow these steps:
- Click on the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- Click on the power icon and select “Restart.”
Another reason why Valorant may not be launching on your PC is due to graphics card issues. If your graphics card driver is outdated, incompatible, or corrupted, it can prevent the game from launching. A simple update to your graphics cards might just fix this little problem.
To fix graphics card issues, follow these steps:
- Press “Windows key + R” to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter.
- Expand the “Display adapters” category.
- Right-click on your graphics card and select “Update driver.”
- Follow the prompts to update your graphics card driver.
Valorant not launching on PC can be frustrating, but with these troubleshooting methods, you can easily fix it. If these solutions don’t fix it, you can contact Riot Support for more troubleshooting advice.