Picking the correct types for a team is a big part of the strategy in Pokemon games because Pokemon Weaknesses can make or break your team without much effort. A team made up of a single type can be vulnerable to attacks that type is weak against, leading to a total-party knockout.
So, if you are a part of the Pokemon community, then you should probably be familiar that there are 18 official Pokemon Types in the series. These Types consist of: Normal, Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting, Ice, Poison, Ground, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel, and Fairy.
Due to the sheer number of these types, there are so many type advantages and disadvantages. To help you with remembering them all, I will give you a guide to the total Pokemon Weaknesses Type.
Every Type Weakness in Pokemon and Logical Explanation
- Normal-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Fighting-type moves. The game bases this weakness on the idea that Normal-type Pokémon aren’t obvious fighters. It could also be that a normal person is weak to one trained in combat.
- Fire-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Water, Ground, and Rock-type moves. You can put out a fire with water, smother it with earth, and snuff it out with rocks.
- Water-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Electric and Grass-type moves. Water conducts electricity, and grass (plants) drinks up water to thrive.
- Grass-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Fire, Ice, Poison, Flying, and Bug-type moves. You can burn plants with fire, kill them with ice or frost, destroy them with acid, and use bugs to eat them.
- Electric-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Ground-type moves. Earth insulates against electricity (in certain situations).
- Ice-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel-type moves. You can melt the ice with fire, and crack it with force from physical blows or rock impacts. Even more, you can shatter it with steel.
- Fighting-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Flying, Psychic, and Fairy-type moves. Gravity limits physical combat, making them vulnerable to attacks from above. The physical body is also weak to the mind, or magic.
- Poison-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Ground and Psychic-type moves. The ground can absorb poison, and the mind can be greater than the effects of poison on the body.
- Ground-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Water, Grass, and Ice-Type moves. The ground can be eroded by water, broken up by plant growth, and frozen by ice.
- Flying-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Electric, Ice, and Rock-type moves. Being higher up makes things more vulnerable to lightning strikes. Ice can freeze over wings, and rocks can be thrown to knock things out of the sky.
More Pokemon Weaknesses
- Psychic-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Bug, Ghost, and Dark-type moves. The mind can be penetrated by things that cause fear, like bugs, ghosts, and darkness.
- Bug-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Fire, Flying, and Rock-type moves. Bugs can be easily burned or smashed by rocks and are often eaten by birds and other things that fly.
- Rock-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Water, Grass, Fighting, Ground, and Steel-type moves. Rocks can be eroded by water, overgrown with or broken apart by plants, shaken apart by earthquakes or eroded by sand, and destroyed by steel items like drills.
- Ghost-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Ghost and Dark-type moves. Ghosts are weak only to ethereal forces, like other ghosts and the darkness. This is a more vague type whose weaknesses were likely decided to balance other types.
- Dragon-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Ice, Dragon, and Fairy-type moves. Dragons are weak to ice because they breathe fire. They are also weak to other dragons because they are powerful enough to fight each other, and are weak to magic. This is another, more obscure type, as it is based on myth and fantasy instead of reality.
- Dark-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Fighting, Bug, and Fairy-type moves. The darkness is weak to physical strength or the purity of magic. Its weakness to bugs is possibly due to people not being able to see them in the dark.
- Steel-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Fire, Fighting, and Ground-type moves. Steel can be melted by hot flames, destroyed over time by physical damage, and eroded by the earth.
- Fairy-Type Weaknesses: x2 weakness to Poison and Steel-type moves. Poison can taint pure things, making them evil or sick. The fairy type’s weakness to steel is a little illogical. Cute fairies do not bode well with hard and heavy bodies.