Everyone has a good reason to uninstall League of Legends from their PC. It could be the toxic ranked solo queue. Yet, it could also be the salty players from your region.
Could it also be your League client has corrupted data, and you need to reinstall it to fix it? In any case, uninstalling League of Legends is your choice and yours alone. Don’t worry because it’s quite simple to remove from your PC. Here’s how you can uninstall League of Legends on Windows and Mac.
Uninstall League of Legends on Windows
If you’re operating on Windows, uninstalling League of Legends will be easy. It won’t take a lot of time, and it’s also fairly simple. You just need to follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel and select Programs and Features.
- Locate League of Legends.
- Right-Click on League of Legends and Uninstall.
After that, you will no longer find an installed version of LoL on your PC. However, there will still be saved files in your directory where installed the game. If you also want to delete them to save some space, here are the steps to locate these files.
- Locate where you installed League of Legends.
- You can locate them in the default location in the C: drive.
- Select all the League of Legends files and delete them.
- Restart your computer
Once you’re done, there will be no trace of League of Legends on your PC. If you don’t delete your Riot Account, all your skins, levels, and in-game currency will remain. So, you can also reinstall at any time since your data is on the cloud.
Uninstalling LoL on Mac
If you don’t know what you’re looking for, uninstalling LoL from your Mac can be a challenge. However, it’s also relatively easy to do. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Applications folder and locate League of Legends
- You can open the Applications folder with Command+Shift+G
- Click and drag League of Legends to your Trash Can
- Locate your Riot Games Folder and drag it into the Trash Can
- You can locate it by pressing Command+Shift+C and enter MacintoshHD/Users/Shared/Riot Games in the search bar.
- Click on your Trash Can and select Empty Trash
After that, you will no longer find League of Legends and its data installed on your Mac. If you want to reinstall the game, head to the official website to download the client.