While there is certainly nothing wrong with playing games however you want, we just can’t imagine playing any action-RPG game, such as Genshin Impact, without the use of a controller. After all, you need precise control over your character in such games. One wrong move or quick slip-up could already cost you significantly. True, you can get on with Genshin Impact on PC using a keyboard and mouse but experiencing the game using a controller is just superb, at least for us. Now, can you play Genshin Impact with a controller? If so, how? Let us answer all that here.
Play Genshin Impact with a Controller
Yes, you can play Genshin Impact with a controller on a PC. The game supports both PlayStation and Xbox controllers, and you can also use other controllers that are compatible with Windows. However, as fun as it may be to play Genshin Impact using the Switch controllers, there isn’t just a way to do that yet.
To play Genshin Impact with a controller on a PC, you simply have to connect your present controller to your device. As long as it pairs well with your PC, it does not matter if the controller is straight-up plugged in or connected via Bluetooth, it should work fine. After that, launch Genshin Impact.
Using your keyboard and mouse, navigate to the game’s “Settings” menu and click on the “Controls” tab. There, you should find a “Controller Type” tab. Say that you successfully connected your controller to your PC, an option to play “Controller” should appear on the aforementioned tab. Select it and then click Save.
And there it is! You should now be able to navigate the game’s menu and play Genshin Impact itself using your paired controller. Take note that the controls will now be the same as they are on the console, making the transition from it to the PC more streamlined. Nevertheless, if you want to rebind the controller buttons, you can do so there as well.
Benefits of Playing Genshin Impact with a Controller
Playing Genshin Impact with a controller can be a great way to enjoy the game. It can be more comfortable and immersive than playing with a keyboard and mouse. If you have a controller, we encourage you to give it a try.
Here are a few reasons why we think playing Genshin Impact with a controller should be the optimal option for anyone:
- The controller support makes the game more accessible to a wider set of players. And considering the nature of the genre of the particular game, it is just way easier to play it using a controller. Moreover, having the option to play using a controller makes it possible to play on a couch or while lounging on your bed.
- Playing Genshin Impact with a controller adds more immersion. For one, controllers have the vibration function that gives every hit or story beat that “oomph” to hook you further in. Using a controller can help players feel more connected to the game world. This is because controllers provide a more tactile experience than keyboard and mouse. For example, when you press a button on a controller, you can feel the physical feedback of the button press. This can help you to feel more immersed in the game world and more connected to your character.
- It makes the game seem more fun. Some people simply prefer to play games with a controller instead of the traditional keyboard and mouse. Perhaps it is already ingrained within their brains to play such games using a controller. This is because controllers can be more comfortable to use and can make certain actions easier to perform. For example, it can be easier much easier to perform combos or traverse platforming sections using a controller than with a keyboard and mouse.
Types of Controllers You Can Use
You can utilize several types of controllers when playing Genshin Impact on PC. Here they are:
- Bluetooth: If your controller supports Bluetooth, you can connect it to your PC by turning on Bluetooth on your PC and then pairing them. The process would just be the same as any other Bluetooth device you want to connect to your PC.
- USB cable: This is the easiest type of controller you can use. If your controller does not support Bluetooth, you can just simply connect it to your PC using a USB cable. Just plug it in on any of your PC’s USB slots and you should be good to go.
- Wireless adapter: Some controllers come with a wireless adapter that you can plug into your PC. It is just the hybrid of the two controller types mentioned already.
Ultimately, the decision of whether to use a controller or keyboard and mouse is up to the individual player. However, in our honest opinion, to play Genshin Impact with a controller on PC is just the way to go! It is more immersive, accessible, and capable of providing a more fun and tactile experience.