The Persona series, developed by Atlus, has always been praised for its unique blend of captivating storytelling, memorable characters, and exciting gameplay systems. However, among the series’ highly acclaimed titles, Persona 5 stands out as a masterpiece. Everyone agrees that it is among the best JRPGs to date, building an incredible fan base ready to defend it. With its thought-provoking stories, stylish visuals, and refined gameplay, Persona 5 has many convinced that it is the best Persona game to date as well. In this article, we will explore the reasons behind the overwhelming belief that Persona 5 is at the top of the Persona franchise.
The Excellent Story and the Unforgettable Phantom Thieves
One of the primary reasons why many see Persona 5 as the best in the Persona franchise is its story. The game follows the story of a group of high school students who awaken to their supernatural skills. Standard Persona stuff right there. However, Persona 5 puts its own twist by putting players on a mission to change the corrupt hearts of adults by entering a parallel reality. Persona 5 delves deep into societal issues, exploring themes of rebellion, justice, and the consequences of one’s actions. The game’s story is both thought-provoking and emotionally impactful, tackling mature subject matters with grace and depth.
Persona 5 boasts a cast of unforgettable characters, each with their unique traits and engaging story arcs. From the charismatic leader, Joker, to his enigmatic counterpart, Akechi. The game presents a diverse and relatable group of individuals that will stick with you. Additionally, the character development throughout the game is exceptional. Players witness personal growth, deepening relationships, and unexpected revelations. The bonds formed between the characters and the player also create a strong emotional connection. It resonates with you even long after the game ends. So much so that many regard the Phantom Thieves as one of the best set of main characters in the whole gaming industry.
The Stylish Aesthetics and the Musical Brilliance
One cannot discuss Persona 5 or the Persona franchise for that matter without mentioning its visually stunning art style and captivating aesthetics. The game’s bold use of vibrant colors, sleek character designs, and awesome UI elements create a unique and visually captivating experience. Moreover, the smooth integration of menu screens, battle animations, and stylish cutscenes make Persona 5 a true visual feast. The art direction goes well with the game’s themes and enhances the overall immersion, ensuring that players are constantly engaged and enthralled by its world.
Another standout feature of Persona 5 is its exceptional music. The game’s music, created by Shoji Meguro, expertly blends various genres, including jazz, rock, and pop, creating an infectious and memorable score. Each track perfectly complements the game’s atmosphere, enhancing emotional moments, and energizing intense battles. The catchy tunes and lyrics have become iconic within the Persona community, further cementing the game’s status as a beloved masterpiece.
Here are some additional reasons why Persona 5 is the standard for the Persona franchise:
- It is the most successful game in the series, with over 7 million copies sold worldwide.
- Persona 5 has won numerous awards, including Game of the Year from several publications.
- It has been praised by critics and fans alike for its innovative gameplay, stylish visuals, and engaging story.
- It has inspired a new generation of JRPG fans and helped to bring the Persona franchise to a wider audience.
- Persona 5 is a landmark game that has had a major impact on the JRPG genre. It is a must-play for any fan of RPGs or anyone who enjoys a great story.
What The Next Iterations In The Persona Franchise Can Learn From Persona 5
Atlus has a history of taking risks with the Persona series, and it is possible that they will do something completely different with the next Persona franchise entrants. However, if Atlus wants to create a game that is successful, it will need to build on the foundation that Persona 5 has created.
Here are some things that the possible Persona 6 could do to live up to the Persona 5 standard:
- Deliver a compelling narrative with relatable characters. Persona 5 excels in delivering a compelling story with relatable characters. Furthermore, players easily connect with the characters and empathize with their struggles. It is important for Persona 6 to continue this tradition. It should craft an engaging and thought-provoking story that resonates with players just as well.
- Retain the captivating visuals and addictive gameplay found in Persona 5. Persona 5 impresses players with its captivating visuals and addictive gameplay. The game’s anime cutscenes are of exceptional quality. Also, the combat mechanics offer a satisfying and challenging experience. It is also crucial for Persona 6 to maintain these aspects. It ensures that the game remains a visually appealing and enjoyable game to play.
- Introduce fresh elements and mechanics to enhance engagement. Persona 5 introduced a variety of new features and mechanics that heightened the game’s engagement. The Confidant system, for instance, is a better version of the previous Social Links system of the past games. On top of giving new avenues for beloved features, Persona 6 should also introduce innovative elements and mechanics that further enhance the game’s engagement. All in all, these changes and tweaks offer players new ways to immerse themselves in the experience.
As the franchise continues to evolve, Persona 5 stands as a shining example of the series’ ability to deliver an unparalleled gaming experience that leaves a lasting impact on players. Indeed, Persona 5 is a masterpiece that raises the bar for the Persona franchise. It has a strong story, stylish visuals, and addictive gameplay. Thus, if you’re a fan of JRPGs or just looking for a great game to play, Persona 5 should be atop your list.