With the arrival of the new season for competitive VALORANT, Riot is bringing back the VALORANT Champions Tour (VCT) Game Changers APAC for its second-year run.
In partnership with the FSL, Southeast Asia’s premier women’s gaming circuit, The VCT Game Changers is an esports initiative that intends to broaden horizons for women by providing them with opportunities and exposure through competitive events to thrive within the VALORANT regional esports scene.
This VCT Game Changers 2022 APAC series will feature a 4-stage format with a total prize pool of USD $60,000 on the line. The 4 stages are as follows:
- VCT Game Changers APAC Open (February 23 – June 5): A maximum of 64 teams competing in a span of 4 Open tournaments per month in a series of double-elimination rounds to earn points. The top 3 teams in the leaderboards qualify for the APAC Elite stage. Each team stands to gain USD $5,000 per stage across all the Open tournaments.
- VCT Game Changers APAC Open Overtime (June 29 – July 3): The 4th to 11th teams in the previous APAC Open stage are given another chance to qualify for the APAC Elite tournament. Matches will be played in a double-elimination format and the top 3 teams will qualify for the APAC Elite stage.
- VCT Game Changers APAC Last Chance (August 16 – 20): This is the final opportunity for teams who have not qualified for the APAC Elite tournament to fight for the 2 remaining qualification slots. 64 teams will battle it out in a series of double-elimination brackets wherein successful teams also can win a USD $5,000 prize.
- VCT Game Changers APAC Elite (Oct. 1-2 & 8-9): This serves as the grand final stage in the APAC 2022 series. The 8 qualifying teams from previous stages will compete over two weekends for a piece of the USD $35,000 prize pool and the chance to be crowned the champion in APAC. The winner is also invited to participate in Riot Games’ global Game Changers tournament later in the year.
Riot’s official press release writes: “The Game Changers APAC 2022 Series will supplement the ongoing VCT competitive season by providing a pro player circuit that reflects the diversity and global nature of the VALORANT community and player talent seen in the region.”
The VCT Game Changers is open for all eligible individuals and teams from within the APAC region to compete. For more details on participant eligibility, see the FSL rules and guidelines. Follow the action by tuning in to the broadcast which will be available in English, Bahasa Indonesia, and Thai on the official FSL channels:
- English Broadcast – FSL Facebook, FSL Twitch
- Bahasa Indonesian Broadcast – FSL YouTube
- Thai Broadcast- FSL Th Twitch